Date:      Fri, 4 Oct 2002 13:38:55 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Fred Clift <fclift@verio.net>
To:        <alpha@freebsd.org>, <portmgr@freebsd.org>, <anholt@freebsd.org>
Subject:   alpha port of XFree86-4-clients (xdm build fail)

Recently discussed on the alpha mailing list by me and others is the fact
that the x-client port doesn't build on alpha right now (4.7 RC #0).

I've got a patch that lets me fix this, but it isn't suitable for
inclusion in ports because it is a patch to the makefile which is
generated automatically from the Imakefile...

Bruce Mah suggested that I open a PR on this, and then notify you (all)
that progress is being made on getting a package for the impending
Release.  I'm going to continue to work on this hoping to find the right
way to do this - any help with imake or the ports system is welcome :).

There also seems to be a secondary problem that xdm dumps core unless you
disable XDMCPAUTH in the config file (or build) - I guess I'll open a
second PR on that, since I only have a config-file setup for that that
avoids the bug...

Fred

--
Fred Clift - fclift@verio.net -- Remember: If brute
force doesn't work, you're just not using enough.