Date:      Sun, 5 Jul 1998 20:37:13 -0400
From:      "Chris Johnson" <cjohnson-lists@palomine.net>
To:        "Felix Castillo" <freebsd@mail.isot.com>, "'FreeBSD-ISP'" <freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Reverse DNS lookup

>I seem to have one hack of time trying to get the
>reverse DNS lookup to work properly.
>
>Forward lookup works fine and the reverse lookup
>works fine too if looked up from local server.  But
>will not find reverse lookup from other servers.
>
>I even copied the exact format of a working named
>files from another ISP and still do not work.  Could
>anyone give me some ideas?

Has the range of IPs you're trying to reverse map been delegated to the
server in question? Your server might give out the right answers if asked,
but that doesn't do much good if nobody knows to ask it. Could you give
one of the IPs so someone here could follow the delegation and see where
it ends up? Also, how big a range of IPs is it?

Chris Johnson