Date:        Thu, 1 Jun 2000 21:48:09 +0200
From:      Erik Trulsson <ertr1013@student.csd.uu.se>
To:        Tyler Spivey <tyler@wapvi.bc.ca>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: serial terminal question please resopnd

On Thu, Jun 01, 2000 at 12:16:06PM -0700, Tyler Spivey wrote:
> ok, you are wrong about most stuff should be installable:
> i am trying to install over a ppp link and i gott ause ht the term
> command in ppp, but it says to access ppp its on vty 3.

Oops, I forgot about that case. Sorry.
The installation is hardcoded to use vty 3 for ppp.

> so am i totally screwd?

If you have to use a serial console *and* have to install over a ppp link,
using the normal installation program, then, yeah, you are probably screwed.

Is it possible for you to install from CDROM instead ?
Or have some friend help you with the installation ?

(Once it is installed things should be quite usable over a serial link.)