Date:      Thu, 14 Dec 2006 19:10:27 +0100
From:      Frank Staals <frankstaals@gmx.net>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Getting a list of dependencies which have to be installed ?

Hey...,

Is there a utility to display the dependencies of a port which have yet
to be installed ? I know you can get a complete dependency list on
freebsd.org/ports , pkg_info -r or just looking in the files in the
ports dir. But is there a command to display only the dependencies which
haven't been installed on your system yet ? I also looked at pkg_add -n
but it immediately starts fetching the packages needed. I don't want to
start downloading the complete package just because I want a list of
ports I haven't installed yet.

Or is the only way making a diff between the pkg_info -r output and your
pkg_info -a ? If so : Is there a way to tell pkg_info when using the -r
flag on a not-yet-installed-port to only get a list of the dependencies
instead of downloading the complete package ? Or is there just an other
utility which can display this information which I'm not aware of ?

Thanks in advance,

--
-Frank Staals