Date:      Wed, 25 Jun 1997 01:28:52 +0200
From:      j@uriah.heep.sax.de (J Wunsch)
To:        FreeBSD-Ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: tcl

As Satoshi Asami wrote:

> Yes, but that doesn't have anything to do with a certain version of
> tcl being in /usr.  With tcl-7.5/7.6 and tk-4.1/4.2 as well as their
> Japanese counterparts, we'll still have the same problem.  (Is 8.0 out
> of alpha yet?)

Are the different versions really still necessary?  We don't even have
a default /usr/local/bin/wish in one of the ports.  Makes it fairly
difficult to write #!/usr/local/bin/wish<what's the version today>
scripts that are portable across systems.

With Perl4 vs. 5, there's not much hickup.  Most of the existing
Perl4-only scripts should be convertible within a few minutes.  What's
the deal with Tcl and Tk here?

--
cheers, J"org