Date:      Thu, 14 May 1998 00:17:14 -0400
From:      drifter@stratos.net
To:        ben@rosengart.com
Cc:        Doug White <dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu>, questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: odd behavior of zsh

On Mon, 11 May 1998 14:07:34 EDT., ben@rosengart.com wrote:

> On Mon, 11 May 1998, Doug White wrote:
>
> > zsh must be missing the escape code that proceeds that character.
>
> Sort of like the problem people commonly have with vi?

	While on the topic, I was wondering if anyone had an aswer to
a nagging question that has been on my mind. When I was using 2.2.5, I
had this chronic problem where when I was in vi, on the shell line, or
in other curses-type programs (though not always using curses), the
arrow keys would often "stick."
	That is, if you pressed the key, nothing would happen. You would
have to hit ESC, then (in vi) you would hear a beep (indicating that it
wasn't expecting anything out of the ordinary).
	When I upgraded to 2.2.6, it all seem to go away (for a while).
Now it's back. (But not as often.) It's a very annoying (and very vague)
problem. You have to hit ESC every once in a while...

	Just curious.

	-Drifter
--
drifter@stratos.nospam.net (remove nospam to send)
     "Ever notice that in every commercial about the Internet, advertising