Date:      21 Nov 2002 10:07:24 -0600
From:      Mat Branyon <matbranyon@eatel.net>
To:        Jim Arnold <jarnold@knightridder.com>
Cc:        Anand Buddhdev <arb@anand.org>, questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: yahoo IM crashing for anyone else?

I think the reason was on the gaim website, or somewhere.  Yahoo has
just recently made a minor adjustment to their protocol which was
causing the error in gaim.  I dont think it has been 100% fixed yet, and
until then, i went ahead and installed ymessenger from
http://messenger.yahoo.com .  there is a freebsd version.  I tried once
to run the windows version under wine, it installed just fine, and you
can log in, but as soon as you do, it crashes.

--mat