Date:      Sat, 04 Jan 2020 13:24:05 -0400
From:      FreeBSD Core Team Secretary <core-secretary@FreeBSD.org>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Bruce D Evans

--=-=-=

Hello everyone,

Julie Saravanos, Bruce's sister, recently shared some sad news.

=2D------------------- Start of forwarded message --------------------
Cc: core-secretary@FreeBSD.org
From: Julie Saravanos <***@***>
Date: Thu, 26 Dec 2019 16:36:54 +1100
To: jrm@FreeBSD.org

Hello Joseph,

I would like to share some sad news with the FreeBSD community, my brillian=
t but humble brother, Dr Bruce David Evans of Sydney Australia, passed away=
 last week on the 18th December 2019 aged 68 years.

From=20what I understand Bruce made important contributions to the computin=
g world; he was the author of Minix 386 patches and served on the FreeBSD c=
ore team from its inception, continuing to contribute to the project for th=
e duration of his life. He studied at Macquarie University in Sydney and at=
 The University of Pennsylvania.

Bruce did not marry or have children instead pursuing his interests and ded=
icating his life to the computing world. He also had a passion for online b=
ridge, science fiction, maths and physics. His philosophy in life and work =
was to keep things as simple as possible. His death was sudden, therefore, =
he leaves behind a mess of books and computers which may contain items of i=
nterest.

I would be grateful if you could share the news of Bruce=E2=80=99s passing =
with the FreeBSD community and would be more than happy to be contacted by =
anyone who had an interest or connection with him.

Yours Truly,
Julie Saravanos

=2D------------------- End of forwarded message --------------------

If you would like to send condolences directly to Julie, please contact
me off list and I will share her email or mailing address.

=2D-=20
Joseph (with core-secretary@ hat on)

--=-=-=

--=-=-=--