Date:      Thu, 1 Apr 1999 13:00:40 -0500 (EST)
From:      Chuck Robey <chuckr@mat.net>
To:        Mark Jones <mjones@mco.net>
Cc:        freebsd-fs@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: backup

On Thu, 1 Apr 1999, Mark Jones wrote:

> I have multiple freebsd systems here. I would like to put a new hard drive
> into the system copy all files on to the new harddrive remove it and be able
> to put it into a new system and have it boot up identical to the original
> system.  I have tried this and it has a problem on boot after the fsck when
> it trys to mount / as rw. It says that device is not as currently mounted.

Did you correctly set the disklabel?  This *does* work, I've done it.

If you're having problems still (and you are sure your disklabel is
right) then you're going to have to copy more info from the exact error
message.

213 Lakeside Drive Apt T-1  |
Greenbelt, MD 20770         | I run picnic (FreeBSD-current)
(301) 220-2114              | and jaunt (Solaris7).