Date:      Tue, 23 Mar 2004 23:01:12 -0800
From:      Juan Pablo Gutierrez <patrician@verizon.net>
To:        freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Tastes Like Chicken

On Mar 23, 2004, at 7:52 PM, Jason Dusek wrote:

> I'll guess I'll add to the Hoopla.  I'm a former Mac user, who was
> always deeply curious about the workings of his machine.  I have to
> say that I have yet to find in any other operating system the unique
> combination of instructional challenges and raw functionality that is
> offered by FreeBSD!  I am now evangelizing FreeBSD to all my friends -
> and I'm pushing it for a local non-profit organization as the solution
> to their new found need for business work stations.  I really look
> forward to the day when FreeBSD with GNOME or KDE (or perhaps some
> weird interhack of the two of them) is a common desktop environment.
>
> --
> ~*~* Jason

Hi Jason,

My experience is the exact opposite of yours: I've gone from FreeBSD to
Mac (though I tinker on any OS I find, Linux, Windows, Menuet, etc).
I'm curious if you've played with OpenDarwin at all.  I've been meaning
to install it, but haven't had the time, and the newest version runs on
both PPC and x86.  Anyway, I'm curious to see how OS X evolves.  As it
is now, running X11 on it is pretty weird.  Where is XF86Config? or
xf86config for that matter?  The operating system is still very new and
Macs are new to me, so I expect to figure things out eventually.  BTW,
what's with this GNOME and KDE stuff?  Fluxbox forever!