Date:      Mon, 27 Dec 1999 17:53:57 -0800 (PST)
From:      Matthew Dillon <dillon@apollo.backplane.com>
To:        Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@critter.freebsd.dk>
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Proposed patch to fix VN device (again)

:>:--
:>:Poul-Henning Kamp             FreeBSD coreteam member
:>:phk@FreeBSD.ORG               "Real hackers run -current on their laptop."
:>
:>    Uh... no.  The chain buffer routines are supposed to be generic.  In fact,
:>    all the filesystem buffer cache I/O routines are supposed to be generic.
:>    There is no way I'm going to pollute them to special case swap.
:
:Ok, fair enough:  Then stop abusing struct buf for swap device access :-)
:
:If you want to abuse struct buf for swap device access, you will need
:to special case it as applicable.
:
:--
:Poul-Henning Kamp             FreeBSD coreteam member
:phk@FreeBSD.ORG               "Real hackers run -current on their laptop."

    Huh?  Look Poul, I don't know what your problem is but I'm through
    playing around with you.   You aren't making any sense and, frankly my
    dear sir, the buffer cache, vm_pager interface, VN device, and
    vm_pager_strategy subsystem is my ball of wax, not yours... I don't need
    your permission and I certainly don't need your help if this is all you
    can come up with.  I'm not going to twist up all that wonderful clean code
    just to avoid making the swapper a real device.  After all, making it a
    real device is only a few simple lines of code - simple and
    straightforward.

					-Matt
					Matthew Dillon
					<dillon@backplane.com>