Date:      Sun, 9 Jan 2000 14:35:33 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Minotaur <root@unix9.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Burnaudio and HP 8250i

hey, I have an HP 8250i cd-rw plus (ide) and im attempting to burn an
audio cd with FreeBSD 3.4-RELEASE. I converted an mp3 to .wav with mpg123,
then I typed this:
root ~/worm# sh burnaudio acd0c /home/telnetd/audio/wav/limp_likethis.wav
Burning file /home/telnetd/audio/wav/limp_likethis.wav
452
dd: /dev/racd0c: Input/output error
1342+0 records in
1341+0 records out
3154032 bytes transferred in 11.318433 secs (278663 bytes/sec)

I ejected the cd, put it in my cd player, and it played, but only the
first 19 seconds. then it just went "phheewrt" and died.
Any suggestions? I tried this several times and the same thing happened.
Also, I cant re-write to a CD-R that has more free space on it, I read
this is because its IDE and such, true? This is frying my wallet, since
ive wasted many cd-r's attempting varius things. Thanks

Doug