Date:      Tue, 26 Dec 1995 04:14:29 -0600
From:      rkw@dataplex.net (Richard Wackerbarth)
To:        =?KOI8-R?Q?=E1=CE=C4=D2=C5=CA_=FE=C5=D2=CE=CF=D7?=(aka Andrey A. Chernov, Black Mage) <ache@astral.msk.su>
Cc:        phk@critter.tfs.com, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Small change to ctm-rmail !

>In message <11967.819916074@critter.tfs.com> Poul-Henning Kamp writes:
>
>>> I have made a quick hack to ctm_rmail.c as I have recently subscribed
>>> to ctm-src-current and I receive my emails on a novell n/w and
>>> pegasus mail for windows which of course uses CR/LF so the following
>>> diff strips of the CR, it is pretty dirty but should work OK of
>>> anyone else has had this problem.
>
>>I just added code to remove all white-space, that's more general :-)

I think that you misunderstand the change. The files in the tree are not
affected by this change.   He is removing white space from the encoded
transmission, not from the files that it encodes. This is important for
those who receive the file as mail on a non-Un*x machine and then transfer
it to their FreeBSD system for installation.

----
Richard Wackerbarth
rkw@dataplex.net