Date:      Mon, 23 Aug 1999 11:26:06 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Julian Elischer <julian@whistle.com>
To:        itojun@iijlab.net
Cc:        freebsd-net@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: differences in member name

If you can make a patch of things you'd like to see changed
for compatibility, I'm sure that there would be a high probability that
we would acce[t them. The names of elements (and similar things are not
set in stone if there is a good reason for a change, and
compatibility is a good reason.) The if_var.h question has been gone over
many times and reverting it to if.h is unlikely.