Date:      Sun, 09 Feb 2003 16:23:40 +0100
From:      Per olof Ljungmark <peo@intersonic.se>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: OT: razor-agent.log vanishing

Louis LeBlanc wrote:
<snip>
>>No, it's not there, in fact it is nowhere. <razor-home> is in
>>/var/spool/filter/.razor/ where everything else *except* the log (which
>>is clearly defined in razor-agent.conf) shows up proper. It used to
>>work, then vanished, then after running razor-admin it came back only to
>>dissappear again, and I'm clueless :-(
>

> What do you have in razor-agent.conf for the log filename?  It
> defaults to 'razor-agent.conf', with no path.  I changed this to
> /var/log/razor-agent.log and that's where it shows up now.  Keep in
> mind, though, that you will be running on the config of the latest
> user you ran razor-admin as.  If you did it as root, look in
> /root/.razor/ for the config.  If it's not there, copy the good one
> you have from /usr/local/etc/razor/ into it - until you can get it
> sorted at least.

This is one of two smtp-relay servers we use so there are no local
users. I have tried both with and without the full path in
razor-agent.conf but it makes no difference. Using
/var/log/razor-agent.log would not work because /var/log is not writable
by the "filter" user. "filter" is the user that SA/Razor runs under with
/var/spool/filter as home.

Even more curious, the other server is OpenBSD and it exhibits identical
behaviour.