Date:      Wed, 15 Jul 1998 19:04:47 -0500
From:      sales@mcompu.com
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Panic - cannot mount root

Hello,
I have recently purchused FreeBSD 2.2.6 for educational puposes and when
I got it installed and booted it up it gives me a error (Panic - cannot
mount root). Now I new to freebsd and know almost nothing about it and
can't tell you why this is happening the only things I can tell you is
that my system has 2 hard drives

1.WD 2.1GB IDE hard drive
2.Quantum 2.1GB UDMA hard drive

I have Windows 95 on the Westerdigital and Freebsd on the quantum
I use cmos to chose what hard drive to boot off of C or D(D is freebsd)
so when i boot it always gives me that error can anyone help me out
here.