Date:      Thu, 13 Feb 2003 15:20:13 -0800 (PST)
From:      Philip Paeps <philip@paeps.cx>
To:        freebsd-ports-bugs@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ports/48259: (non-maintainer) Update x11/eterm to 0.9.2

The following reply was made to PR ports/48259; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Philip Paeps <philip@paeps.cx>
To: Simon 'portlint' Schubert <corecode@corecode.ath.cx>,
	FreeBSD-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.org
Cc: freebsd-ports-bugs@FreeBSD.org
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2003 00:18:57 +0100

 On 2003-02-13 15:10:14 (-0800), Simon 'portlint' Schubert <corecode@corecode.ath.cx> wrote:
 >  Lately Philip Paeps told:
 >  > 	- Changing the name of the Eterm lib seemed a bit hackish, so I left
 >  >    that as the default as well.  There was probably a reason for
 >  > 	changing it, but I could think of it :-)
 >
 >  maybe because the old name contains the shlib major version in a
 >  standardized way? this change breaks programs linking the original lib
 >  (dunno if there are any in ports)

 Don't think there are any ports that link with it, but the 'standard' bit is
 probably the reason it was hackish in the first place.  Don't know why the
 distribution doesn't do that by default.  Must be a linuxism.

 I'll go and make the lib look normal again and submit an updated patch.

 Thanks.

  - Philip

 --
 Philip Paeps                                          Please don't CC me, I am
 philip@paeps.cx                                       subscribed to the list.

   A psychiatrist is a fellow who asks you a lot of expensive questions
   your wife asks you for nothing.
   		-- Joey Adams