Date:      Fri, 7 Mar 1997 07:11:20 -0500
From:      Randall Hopper <rhh@ct.picker.com>
To:        Doug White <dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu>
Cc:        multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Mixed results w/ WinCast/TV

Doug White:
 |1.  dtv complains it requires a "full color display."  Ok, have to drop a
 |screensize to 800x600x24bits or 800x600x32bits but that's workable. I
 |usually run 1024x768x16bits.

I modified dtv to do this as well as do direct-video in a movable/resizable
X window.  It also treats 555 16bpp just like 15bpp as far as the visual
detection stuff goes, so it'll work in 1024x768 16bpp (I too prefer running
at this res):

       http://users.multiverse.com/~rhh/dtv

 |I have this sinking feeling that direct tv may not work because of the
 |Mach64.  Maybe I should budget this weekend trying to extract the S3 968
 |from the P166 and not crash Win95 in the process...:)

Hmmm.  According to the Hauppage page, should work OK with the Mach64 for
RGB transfers to the frame buffer.  Are you using a Pro Turbo or an
Expression (VRAM or DRAM is what I'm curious about)?

Randall