Date:      Sat, 10 Feb 2001 13:10:02 -0800 (PST)
From:      Maxim Sobolev <sobomax@FreeBSD.ORG>
To:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ports/24976: gemdropx port is missing a dependency on kdelibs2

The following reply was made to PR ports/24976; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Maxim Sobolev <sobomax@FreeBSD.ORG>
To: cmf@iabears.org
Cc: freebsd-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.ORG
Date: Sat, 10 Feb 2001 23:06:22 +0200 (EET)

 > The gemdropx port uses libartsc, which is part of the kdelibs2 port.
 > The Makefile fails to include a dependency on that library, so the build
 > fails if kdelibs2 is not installed.

 Huh, I'm really surprised. In fact gemdropx doesn't require anything but
 SDL+SDL_mixer to work correctly. In your case, probably, SDL's configure
 script just accidentaly picked libartsc, which is not recorded as a
 dependency, because kdelibs2 is bulky, and compiled SDL driver for libartsc
 into libSDL. After that you deinstalled libartsc (you did not get a warning
 because libartsc was not recorded as dependency for SDL) thus making further
 linking with libSDL impossible. Therefore the real problem not with
 gemdropx but with sdl-devel. I'll look into what I can do about it.

 Thank you for reporting!

 -Maxim