Date:      Wed, 27 Mar 2002 02:58:11 -0500 (EST)
From:      Peter Leftwich <Hostmaster@Video2Video.Com>
To:        Gautham Ganapathy <gauthamg123list@myrealbox.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD Questions <FreeBSD-Questions@FreeBSD.Org>
Subject:   Re: Audio CD without cable

On Tue, 26 Mar 2002, Gautham Ganapathy wrote:
> the problem is that there is no actual cable. the only connection between the sound card and the cdrom is through the motherboard. soundcard to m/b through the PCI slot and m/b to cdrom through the ide connector. i am not sure exactly how it is done, unless windows is somehow reading the bits on the audio cd and sending it to the soundcard

Hm, I would say visually inspect the sound card and if you see wide sort of
"ports" where a cable might fit (about 1/2" to 5/8") just buy a cable or
ask the manufacturer questions.  Their website is a good place to find
instructional manuals and installation/troubleshooting guides.  Best,

--
Peter Leftwich
President & Founder