Date:      Sat, 21 Mar 1998 23:38:07 -0500
From:      Drew Derbyshire - UUPC/extended software support <software@kew.com>
To:        Robert Withrow <witr@rwwa.com>
Cc:        Wes Peters - Softweyr LLC <softweyr@xmission.com>, Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>, stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 'Code Freeze'

Robert Withrow wrote:
> Maybe it is just me, but, but "sup and test" isn't how I test these
> beta releases.  I take some computers, wipe them clean and install
> the entire kit just like a CD user would.  (I've never tried the
> "upgrade" process, since all the warnings seem to steer you away
> from it.)  It seems like the "sup and test" method isn't a very
> complete test.

My 386 gets an upgrade test in ~ 30 minutes.  It's what it should support
nicely, since some people don't like their data nuked every three months.  :-)

--
Drew Derbyshire         UUPC/extended e-mail:  software@kew.com
                                   Telephone:  617-279-9812

"I resolved to be less offended by human nature this year, but I think I
 blew it already."                              - Hobbes