Date:      Sun, 04 Mar 2001 06:49:15 -0800
From:      Eric Dannewitz <ericdano@jazz-sax.com>
To:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: And Apache Problems

procedure that I did.

make buildworld
shutdown now
mount -u /
mount -a -t ufs
swapon -a
cd /usr/src
make installworld

Then I also upgrade the kernel as suggested on the online freebsd.org. I've
updated my system regularly since January.

Problem seems to be that Apache and Perl are not happy with something in the
latest Stable. Apache 1.3.12 would not start, giving me an error
"/usr/libexec/ld-elf.so.1  undefined pl_stack_max".

And with perl, all the modules and bundles seem to have gotten screwed up. I could
not get perl -MCPAN -e shell then install Bundle::CPAN to work at all. It would
error out in various places, citing that MD5 was missing. That was never a problem
before.

I restored from a backup I made last weekend of my 4.2 stable system, and
everything is working fine now, including Apache and Perl. I can and just did
install the latest CPAN Bundle. So, whatever happened seems gone now.

I'm a little leery about stable now. I was having no problems updating my server
every weekend with CVSUP and then doing make buildworld, etc......