Date:      Mon, 24 Aug 1998 10:18:21 -0400 (GMT)
From:      Tima <mirlok@twin.ab.az>
To:        Jonathan Chen <jonc@pinnacle.co.nz>
Cc:        Sputnick@aol.com, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: no boot after UserConfig

On Mon, 24 Aug 1998, Jonathan Chen wrote:

> On Sun, 23 Aug 1998 Sputnick@aol.com wrote:
>
> > I'm runing 2.2.7 FreeBSD
> >
> > Installed FreeBSD, everything seemed to be working fine.  I entered UserConfig
> > to delete conflicting hardware devices.  Once I saw 0 conflicts, I saved and
> > exited (Q).
> >
> > For about five minutes the system did nothing, just a white cursor in the
> > upper left hand corner of the screen.  No disk access, nothing.  So, I hit
> > RESET.  Now my system doesn't boot at all.  Any ideas?
>
> Did you delete sc0 (the system console) by chance?
> --
> Jonathan Chen                |     "In prosperity our friends know us;
>                              |      in adversity we know our friends."
>                              |                  - John Churton Collins
I had the same problem after exiting from options menu when installing
FreeBSD. It appeared after I tried to install it on primary slave drive.
When that disk was secondary master I had no problems here. I'm sure I
did'n delete sc0.
I suggest you choose "Skip kernel configuration" and continue with
installation. Then U can build your own kernel to modify hardware
profiles. (That's what I'm trying to do now :-) )