Date:      Wed, 04 Oct 2000 05:52:03 -0600
From:      Joe Warner <jswarner@uswest.net>
To:        freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org, freebsd-advocacy@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: BSD Magazine (Advertiser Responses)

I sent out quite a few emails to advertisers last night and have already
gotten some responses.

Here's the first one from Intrusion.com:

>Thanks for the information Joe.

>Our company is developing security applications on the linux operating
>system for a number of reasons at this time have no roadmap for any of
>our products to support or work with BSD.

>Intrusion.com and myself would not see any interest in receiving the
>magazine nor adviterising in it.

I got a better response from BSDi:

>Joe,
>Of course we would consider advertising in a BSD magazine. We already
>advertise on Daemonnews.org, BSDtoday.com, as well as slashdot.org and
>Linux-oriented magazines like Linux Systems Journal.

>We would dearly love to see you initiate your magazine.

>- Kevin Rose
>Director, Corporate Marketing

...and I received the following from Arkeia.com and have
already responded.  I'm not sure if I was able to provide
adequate answers to their questions but did my best.  If
anyone can come up with a good response to these,
please respond and I will forward them:

--

    FreeBSD = The Power to Serve
     ..Simply put = FreeBSD Rocks!