Date:      Tue, 23 May 1995 15:51:25 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      sven@stack.urc.tue.nl (Sven Berkvens)
To:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   accept(2) and listen(2)

Hi everyone!

Just a small question about listen(2) and accept(2).

Say I make a process A which creates a socket, binds it to a port,
and does a listen(2) on it. Then I fork the process, which creates
another process B. Now I make both A and B accept(2) on the socket.
What happens if a connection attempt is made? Does A or B get it,
or is this random? Or does only A get it?

A little remark about listen(2). In the manpage it is stated that
listen(2) only supports a maximum of 5 pending connections in its
queue. Is this number hardcoded? If so, where can I change it :) ?

Thanks for looking at this,
Sven Berkvens (sven@stack.urc.tue.nl)