Date:      Mon, 12 Aug 2002 08:38:14 +1000
From:      Edwin Groothuis <edwin@mavetju.org>
To:        Alan E <alane@geeksrus.net>
Cc:        FreeBSD Ports List <ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Please, oh, please, not another gettext upgrade so soon!

On Wed, Aug 07, 2002 at 02:39:38AM -0400, Alan E wrote:
> Gettext 0.11.5 was just released. Heaven help us.

The lib-version stays the same (libintl.so.4), so that's no problem.

What I don't get is that I was learned that lib-versions should
only be bumped if you changed the API (i.e. a different amount of
parameters for functions, different types et al). Right now all the
software depending on it compiled without a glitch, so yes, I'm
wondering what has been changed so dramaticly that a version-bump
was needed.

Edwin
--
Edwin Groothuis      |            Personal website: http://www.MavEtJu.org