Date:      Thu, 17 Jan 2019 11:15:06 +0100
From:      Samy Mahmoudi <samy.mahmoudi@gmail.com>
To:        Robert Huff <roberthuff@rcn.com>
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: replacement for xmms?

xmms was so great ! I still use it and even managed to build a pulseaudio
plugin last year, as I needed to be able to switch between outputs while
playing (can OSS do that ?).

Why do you need a replacement for xmms ? I have personally noticed some
minor problems with xmms:
=E2=80=A2 old-style GTK+ menu
=E2=80=A2 accented characters don't display correctly
=E2=80=A2 while xmms is running, I can't easily switch between virtual desk=
tops
(xfce4 + compiz)
=E2=80=A2 audio format compatibility (still pretty large with plugins)

I will have a look at the recently deprecated x11/gtk-theme-switch and the
gtkrc file for the first two problems, although looking for a modern
alternative is probably the best way to go.

Le jeu. 17 janv. 2019 =C3=A0 01:27, Robert Huff <roberthuff@rcn.com> a =C3=
=A9crit :