Date:      Mon, 24 May 1999 15:41:53 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Luoqi Chen <luoqi@watermarkgroup.com>
To:        crossd@cs.rpi.edu
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG, will@iki.fi
Subject:   Re: Repeatable kernel panic for 3.2-RELEASE NFS server

> Is there anything I can do on my end (we have a complete CVS repository,
> synced every 4 hours.  I would like to use the *exact* same gdb that we
> compiled the world from if possible, I am affraid of using a more recent
> gdb will result in not being able to read the core (I am unable to use
> a 3.1-STABLE gdb to read the core from a 3.2-STABLE system).
>
> --
> David Cross                               |  email: crossd@cs.rpi.edu
> Systems Administrator/Research Programmer |  Web: http://www.cs.rpi.edu/~crossd
> Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute,         |  Ph: 518.276.2860
> Department of Computer Science            |  Fax: 518.276.4033
> I speak only for myself.                  |  WinNT:Linux::Linux:FreeBSD

I just backed out changes I made that shouldn't be in the 3.x branch, you
may cvsup again. If you can't wait, you may back out the changes yourself,
they are -j1.16 -j1.15 /usr/src/gnu/usr.bin/binutils/gdb/i386/kvm-fbsd.c,
-j1.20 -j1.19 /usr/src/gnu/usr.bin/binutils/gdb/i386/freebsd-nat.c (cvs
update -j doesn't seem to work, I had to get the diff and patch myself).

-lq