Date:      Thu, 7 Oct 1999 14:12:28 +0200
From:      E.Romeo <emm.r@wanadoo.fr>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   E-MAIL is not delivered

My machine is not configured as a server, because above all I need a client
machine. I am connected to an ISP by modem, and all the KDE internet software
work (that is: KMAIL, KRN, KFM, etc ...). Besides I use fetchmail to
download my incoming mail and ppp to connect to my ISP. I must add that I
created /etc/resolv.conf like this:

nameserver xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx.
nameserver yyy.yyy.yyy.yyy.

where x... and y... are the primary and secondary dns addresses of my ISP.
And it works. Moreover I didn't set up the network interfaces with
/stand/sysinstall and I didn't perform any manual network configuration with
ifconfig. Since the graphical internet programs work, I didn't believe that
useful.

Now here is my problem:

I'd like to use Mutt or Mail to send E-mail to remote addresses. But, if I
am not mistaken, those programs (or more precisely sendmail) need the SMTP
host name of my ISP (smtp.wanadoo.fr), which is an information I gave to
programs like KMAIL.

Could someone tell me how I can do to supply this information?

Of course I tried to send E-mail all the same, with Mutt. But some ISP server
refuse my messages, and the MAILER-DAEMON mail me (jethro.labrador.fr is my
host name):