Date:      Mon, 20 Apr 1998 01:23:05 -0400
From:      John Woodruff <jjw@us.net>
To:        isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Use Mailbox Maintenance

About a week ago, someone asked about a tool to edit user
mailboxes.  I noted I had a tool that did this with an eye
to imposing a limit on user mailboxes, and volunteered to
send the program and/or source code to those who asked.
Little did I know what would happen to my inbox!

I've cleaned up the source a bit, written a small man page
and package-aware makefile, and posted the FreeBSD package
and matching source in:
  <ftp://ftp.us.net/pub/unix/freebsd/purgmbox-1.0.tgz>;
  <ftp://ftp.us.net/pub/unix/freebsd/purgmbox-1.0src.tgz>;
The package is linked with /usr/lib/compat, so it should
work on both 2.2.x and 2.1.x systems.

This uses flock(2) on the mailbox; I don't know if it's
needed, but I'd rather have more than less.  Please let
me know if this bites you.
--
John Woodruff, Sr. Network Engineer, US Net - 301-572-5926
Washington/Baltimore/Richmond ISP - $6.95/month for full PPP!