Date:      Sun, 1 Jun 1997 12:35:24 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Rick Weldon <rick@wisetech.com>
To:        freebsd-bugs@freebsd.org
Subject:   AMD PCI Ethernet NE2100 Clone Panic

Hey all!

I can consistently get a panic out of 2.2.2-RELEASE with the lnc driver.

I am using a Hitachi Laptop (M-100) with the AMD PCI ehternet adapter. It
is built into the laptop. Using kernel.GENERIC it works for normal
traffic like a telnet or rlogin, but when I do an ftp transfer and put it
under load it will consistently panic with the following:

panic: getnewbuf: inconsistent LRU queue, qindex=51509

The card is being picked up with:

NE2100 Blah blah rev 22 int a irq 11 on pci0:4

It is assigned as lnc1

Performance is slow. It reads in about 4K chunks and then pauses for a
second, gets the next chunk etc... Does this about 5 or six times then
panics with the message above.

I rebuilt a kernel for this box with only the drivers for the hardware I
have in it. The panic goes away, but the performance is the same. about
4K/sec on a 10 MB ethernet with the ka-chunk ka-chunk ka-chunk pattern.

I'm sorry if this is a known bug, but I could not find anything in the
e-mail archives at www.freebsd.org that talked about this.

I'm not on the mailing freebsd mailing lists so please respond to the
reply address.

Can anyone help or know of a patch? If it is unknown I'd be happy to do
more diagnostics or provide more info to whoever wrote the driver.

Thankyou Very Much,