Date:      Thu, 13 Jun 2002 00:19:09 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Mr. Darren" <darren780@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   burning vcds in .cue/.bin format to an ide burner.

I've been trying for months to get the software
available for freebsd to burn to my ide burner.  I've
tried different things.  I can't find too much help
with the 'freebsd worm' driver for support of ide cd
writters.  I found more documentation stating that the
project was droped.  I could use cdrdao if I could get
that working.  however, it appears I'm stuck using
bchunk and burncd.  bchunk appears to extract the
iso's properly, either in sets of 2 or 3 iso's per cd.
 I then forward this to burncd, burncd doesn't appear
to have any problems at this point.  getting back to
bchunk..  it claims to have support for extracting
MODE2/2352.. however.. the only options available are
"PSX mode: truncate MODE2/2352 to 2336 bytes instead
of normal 2048"... even though it has in the intro..
'support for MODE2/2352'.  the only way I seem to be
able to make it burn anything readable by the dvd
player is with the psx mode, but it is corrupt.. it
cuts about 100 megs off each cd.. I'm guessing those
16 bytes off each sector.  has anyone ever gotten this
to work?  can anyone give me a breakdown on how the
worm driver could work with cdrdao?  maybe a link for
some documentation?  anything to get a .cue/.bin to
write on an ide cdrom.. thanks =)

-Darren