Date:      Fri, 30 Jul 1999 00:38:21 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Marc Veldman <lurkie@wxs.nl>
To:        Hellmuth Michaelis <hm@hcs.de>
Cc:        freebsd-isdn@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: How can I help i4b ??

On Thu, 29 Jul 1999, Hellmuth Michaelis wrote:

> > I've been wondering how I can help.
>
> Writing docs. How do i configure a kernel with i4b, How do i configure isdnd
> for isp/sppp, How do i set up natd with i4b, How do i troubleshoot my non-
> working i4b installation etc. etc. etc.

That seems doable. I've done most things there a few dozen times.

> Also, it would be great to write a chapter in the FreeBSD handbook about
> setting up i4b.

That would be a great excuse to learn docbook.

> easily see what is needed :-)

I'll get down to it and drop in a draft to the list.

Some early ideas for the structure:

- What is ISDN ?
- What are your options when using an ISDN line ?
	- TA's
	- Standalone routers
	- ISDN cards
	- Other options (????)
- What is i4b ?
- Setting up i4b
	- Gathering information
	- Kernel configuration
	- isdnd configuration
	- testing your basic setup
- Setting up natd/firewall
	- Kernel configuration
	- natd configuration
	- firewall configuration
- Other useful topics (pointers to named, sendmail etc....)

Tips welcome !

Marc Veldman.