Date:      Mon, 07 Sep 1998 01:17:19 -0400
From:      "Francisco Reyes" <reyesf@newsguy.com>
To:        "FreeBSD questions" <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>, "Ben Compton" <peabody@naxs.com>
Subject:   Re: Disk Copying

On Sun, 06 Sep 1998 19:52:02 -0400, Ben Compton wrote:

The folks on the Linux groups would probably be able to help you
best.
On any case....

>purchased a 4.3GB Hard drive and I want to move Rehat over to the new hard drive.

How about doing a basic install of Redhat on the second on the second
drive and then copying the data over. If you have a tape backup I
think there are flags for either tar or dump which may do what you
need (i.e. mirror the data to a different partition). I think the
most important thing is to have partitions of the same size.

Also you probably DO NOT want to restore all the files. Files like
fstab which would have the name of the partitions you want to keep
the one created after the basic installation.

Why not just leave Linux on the first drive alone and install FreeBSD
on the second?