Date:      Fri, 05 Apr 2002 10:34:54 -0800
From:      Michael Smith <msmith@freebsd.org>
To:        Andrew Gallatin <gallatin@cs.duke.edu>
Cc:        =?iso-8859-1?Q?=D8ystein_Andreassen?= <oystein.andreassen@systec.no>, freebsd-alpha@FreeBSD.ORG, msmith@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Problem with MyLex KZPAC PCI RAID controller

The problem is a driver bug; the error from the controller is misleading,
and I believe in reality it reflects a corrupt command being issued.

Unfortunately, I have neither card nor controller to verify this with,
and have been waiting for some enterprising individual to look at the
failing command (printing it is relatively easy) and tell me what's wrong.

There are no differences between the i386 and Alpha drivers; the same
problem manifests on 2.xx and 3.xx firmware cards on i386 systems.

--
To announce that there must be no criticism of the president,
or that we are to stand by the president, right or wrong, is not