Date:      Thu, 7 Sep 2000 08:14:19 +0400
From:      Igor Roboul <igor@raduga.dyndns.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Sendmail problem

Hello,

On Wed, Sep 06, 2000 at 10:51:19PM +0200, Paolo Pisati wrote:
> I've some problems with my BSD box (4.1 STABLE) and sendmail.
>
> 1) Sendmail doesn't change my From: line of my email even if I use the -f
> switch.
> I launch sendmail with this parameters "-bd -fflag@libero.it", but all my
> emails comes from flag@localhost
> I MUST change that line...=P
:-)
# my official domain name
# ... define this only if sendmail cannot automatically determine your domain
Djraduga.dyndns.org

> 2) Sendmail seems to be unable to resolve correctly my ip/name. I use dialup
> so I haven't a DNS ready to respond to my request at any moment, and in my
> /etc/hosts there is:
>
> 127.0.0.1    localhost    localhost.localdomain
sendmail does not use /etc/hosts !!!!
You need local DNS server. Setting it up is not so hard. You can also setup
caching nameserver which will size down your external traffic and so will
speed up your Internet connection.

Use your ISP as relay (ask them) Or go to www.dyndns.org or www.myip.org or
www.dhs.net or ... there are so many free dynamic DNS suppliers :-)

> p.s. Apologize me for my bad english