Date:      Thu, 13 Feb 1997 19:23:39 -0800
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Date and release version of FreeBSD Handbook

For some time, we've proclaimed in the first paragraph of the Handbook
that it was last revised in December 1996 and contained instructions
for 2.1.6.  Now that it's February, soon to be March, and 2.1.6 is
history about to be replaced by 2.1.7, I'd like to humbly suggest that
we simply *remove* this version information and call the Handbook what
it always has been - a fairly generic document for no release in
particular, except for certain very specific instances (which should
simply be noted in each case).

That would be one less thing to forget each time and we could stop
declaring that the Handbook was less often updated than it really is.

Comments?

					Jordan