Date:      Sun, 12 Jul 2015 12:51:30 -0700
From:      John-Mark Gurney <jmg@funkthat.com>
To:        freebsd-arm@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Video on BBB detected, but no output..

I've heard that FreeBSD now supports vidoe on BBB.  I decided to try
that w/ the recent June 25th snap (I thought I d/l'd the July 1st, but
apparently didn't):
FreeBSD beaglebone 11.0-CURRENT FreeBSD 11.0-CURRENT #0 r284814: Thu Jun 25 20:55:47 UTC 2015     root@releng2.nyi.freebsd.org:/usr/obj/arm.armv6/usr/src/sys/BEAGLEBONE  arm

It detects the display properly, but it does not appear to output
anything to the TV.  I cannot select the input as the TV claims that
there is nothing connected...

Vendor: [SAM] Samsung
Product: [0B92] SAMSUNG
[...]
Number of extension blocks: 1
fb0: detected videomode: 1440x900 @ 60KHz
fbd0 on fb0
VT: initialize with new VT driver "fb".

There does appear to be a getty running:
607 v0  Is+   0:00.02 /usr/libexec/getty Pc ttyv0

Comments?  Suggestions?

I will admit that I don't have a keyboard plugged in, but that shouldn't
cause a problem, should it?

We do need to not call edid_parse unless bootverbose is set so that
we don't get such verbose output on boot...

We may want to look at passing device_t to edid_print, so that it
can use device_printf and get the device properly prepended to each
line too...

--
  John-Mark Gurney				Voice: +1 415 225 5579