Date:      Sun, 3 Sep 1995 21:03:09 +1553003 (MET DST)
From:      Sven Neuhaus <sven@leary.ping.de>
To:        FreeBSD-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   problems dumping

Greetings fellow hackers,

we're running a loaded FreeBSD 2.1.0-950727-SNAP system here on
a i486/100 PCI and are experiencing problems with NFS leading to kernel
panics due to page faults (Fatal trap 12).
The system does not reboot but hangs while dumping, so I uncommented
the dump call in vm_machdep.c and recompiled the kernel.
The problem I'm having now is to force a kernel panic so I can test the
stuff I did. There's a function called "diediedie()" in machdep.c which seems
to be designed just for that.
However, since it's a kernel function, I have no clue how to call it. It's
not defined in syscall.h either.

Please help me by either telling me how to compile a program that calls
diediedie() or cause a kernel panic by other means.

Thanks. I'll keep investigating into the problems with dump'ing.
-Sven
--
Sven Neuhaus - sven@ping.de - Ping e.V. Admin Team - http://www.ping.de/~sven/
             Welcome to hell. Here's your copy of Windows.