Date:      Fri, 16 Jun 2000 15:09:28 +1000
From:      Danny <dannyh@idx.com.au>
To:        "Dimitri T." <midios4@hotmail.com>, questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: X windows remotely?

Look for a package called vnc it can help you run x remotely and support
clients over helpdesk etc etc.

The best part is it cost $free..

On Tue, 13 Jun 2000, Dimitri T. wrote:
> hi all,
>
> I was actually able of setting up an NIS-NFS (file-)server and it seems to
> work fine. I can now login and run programs from a remote computer..
>
> I thought it could be great if I was able to run X Windows remotely too.. I
> tried it but.. it didn't work (of course)..
> It starts that graphical grey screen but it immediately stops.. I understand
> that it mixes remote and local stuff. I searched WWW for info on this
> subject but had no luck :~(
>
> Can anyone help here? (suggestions, links to www documentation etc.)
>
> Thanks,
> Dimitri

You are not authorized to use my email address for spam or any purpose
whatsoever. Remove my email address from your databases immediately and do
not attempt to email me in any way.