Date:      Thu, 4 Jun 1998 10:53:20 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Abraham J. Stephens" <stephea@aasis.albany-academy.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   making fvwm crashes with imake error

After running FreeBSD for a year without X I finally decided try it.
Currently I am attempting to install fvwm (window manager). While running
'make' I get the following error...

	===>  Configuring for fvwm-1.24r
	imake -DUseInstalled -I/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/config
	Imakefile.c:8: Imake.tmpl: No such file or directory
	imake: Exit code 33.
	  Stop.
	*** Error code 1
	etc...

This has also happened while attempting to make Xaw3d.  I'm sure I'm
missing a simple step somewhere...
The machine is a 486 DX 100 w/ 32 Mb ram, I am running X from a 386
through nfs...

-thanks

	      Abraham J. Stephens
		  DIRECTOR SIS