Date:      Tue, 18 Apr 2000 09:09:15 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Stan Brown <stanb@netcom.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org (FreeBSD Stable List)
Subject:   EP driver still habgs after 4,0 upgrade

	Hi, I posted about amonth back about a Vectra 486/33 that I am setting
	up as a gateway box between 2 networks. I am using 2 3C509 cards. At
	the timne I could reliably hange up the networks by simply running an
	Amanda backup accros them,

	This of coures results in a steady high bandwitdth transfer.

	At teh time I was using 3.4 STABLE. It was sugested that I upgarde to
	4.0 STABLE because it had a significantly improved ep driver.

	I did ths, with some help from this list n the chages in configuring
	the ep driver under 4.0 (thanks).

	Well the good news is, it's better. The bad nes is it is till possible
	to get it to hang :-( It hangs in the OACTIVE state, if that's
	helpfule, and just doing an ifconfgi dow, folowed by an ifconfig up on
	the hung card wull cause it start working again for a while. It's
	alwasy during one of these big Amanda trabsfers that it hangs.

	Both cards are using 10BASEt caeing, and I have swaped computers, and
	both cards at this point in time. In addition I have set up an
	identical computer using NE2000 clones (D Link), and put it in the same
	service. I has never hung up.

	I geuss I could buy 2 more NE2000 clones, but I have a ton of these
	3C509's from work where they are converting to 100MHZ.

	Cany anyone sugest any way to help debug this problem. I would be happy
	to do anything that will help in getting this fixed.

	Thanks.

--
Stan Brown     stanb@netcom.com                                    404-996-6955
Factory Automation Systems