Date:      Fri, 31 Jan 1997 20:45:05 +0300 (MSK)
From:      bag@sinbin.demos.su (Alex G. Bulushev)
To:        smp@csn.net (Steve Passe)
Cc:        mishania@demos.su, freebsd-smp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: troubles with smp kernel

> bummer....  well we definately did find and fix a problem.  My guess is
> that whatever causes the PARITY ERRORS when adding the 2nd CPU is what

may be

> is causing the reboots.  when you say "when runing with one CPU it works"
> do you mean with 1 physical CPU installed, or do you mean with 2 CPUs installed
> but without starting up the 2nd one via sysctl?

i mean "with 2 physical CPU installed, but with not SMP kernel"
with single phisical CPU it stable too ...

now i remove 2nd 3940 and run SMP kernel with kern.smp_active=0
after 2 hours (without reboots !) i write:
sysctl -w kern.smp_active=1
			  ^ why? don't know.

sysctl -a show that kern.smp_active=2 and message on console
say that two CPU's runing ...

now it works without reboots ... 3:13 ... 1 h with two CPU's

  Alex.