Date:      Mon, 26 Jun 1995 15:06:34 -0400
From:      Garrett Wollman <wollman@halloran-eldar.lcs.mit.edu>
To:        Mark Murray <mark@grondar.za>
Cc:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Crypt code summary(2).

<<On Mon, 26 Jun 1995 15:01:54 -0400, I wrote:

>           o    RSAREF, RSAREF applications, and services based on
>                RSAREF applications may not be sold.

This is important!  This means that:

	1) RSAREF cannot become part of FreeBSD because of this
	   clause.

	2) Alternative implementations of RSA cannot become part of
	   FreeBSD because the technology is subject to software
	   patents in the United States and other countries.

-GAWollman

--
Garrett A. Wollman   | Shashish is simple, it's discreet, it's brief. ...
wollman@lcs.mit.edu  | Shashish is the bonding of hearts in spite of distance.