Date:      Thu, 26 May 2005 11:17:12 +0800
From:      "li xu" <lixu_cn@hotmail.com>
To:        aic7xxx@freebsd.org
Subject:   Why I can't set up target mode?

   Hi, I have found your message on

   [1]http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/aic7xxx/2003-October/004010.html

   you said that:

   I am trying to set up target mode on my FreeBSD 5.1 box.

   On my FreeBSD box, I have a 2940 card (with aic7880 chip), SCSI id=6,

   ST2.1s hard drive. SCSI id=1 (though the HD is not mounted to any file

   system, all the file systems are on one IDE drive.)

   On another PC (lets call it machineB), I have a 2940 card (7870 chip),
   SCSI

   ID 7, no other devices.

   I connect the two SCSI cards with an external SCSI cable.

   In the FreeBSD box, I have rebuilt the kernel, in the conf file, I
   have the

   "device ahc" line commented out (so that I can kldload and debug the

   ahc.ko/ahc_pci.ko), I also add "device targ", "device targbh", and
   "options

   AHC_TMODE_ENABLE=0x40" lines in the conf file. In the aic7xxx.* files,

   have #define AHC_TARGET_MODE 1

   After the new kernel is built, I boot the FreeBSD box first, log in as
   root,

   and kldload the ahc_pci.ko. I got the following messages:

   ahc0: <Adaptec 2940 Ultra SCSI adapter> port 0x1400-0x14ff mem

   0xf480400-0xf4804ff irq 9 at device 15.0 on pci0

   aic7880: Single Channel A, SCSI Id=6, 16/253 SCBs

   (targetbh0:ahc0:0:-1:-1): Lun now enabled for target mode

   My hardware is just the same to you and my operation system is FreeBSD
   5.3. I do all these works according to your directions,but I can only
   get this system messge:

   ahc0: <Adaptec 2940 Ultra SCSI adapter> port 0x9c00-0x9cff mem
   0xe3021000-0xe3021fff irq 17 at device 1.0 on pci2

   ahc0: [GIANT-LOCKED]

   aic7880: Ultra Wide Channel A, SCSI Id=7, 16/253 SCBs

   In any case,I can not get the last message,

   (targetbh0:ahc0:0:-1:-1): Lun now enabled for target mode

   Afterward, I add some debug code in source file aic7xxx_osm.c and
   rebuild them:

   printf("ccb->ccb_h.func_code is %d\n",ccb->ccb_h.func_code);

   in function ahc_action(struct cam_sim *sim, union ccb *ccb)

   before the code  switch (ccb->ccb_h.func_code) {

   So I get this debug message:

   ccb->ccb_h.func_code is 4

   (4 means the status is XPT_PATH_INQ, not the expectation value
   XPT_EN_LUN)

   Can you help me to analysis why I can’t get the correct message like
   yours? Maybe which step I have omitted or some key step you hadn’t
   mentioned in the above messages?

   I expect you can give me a direction or suggestion, or send your new
   configuration file:  /usr/src/sys/i386/GENERIC file to me is useful.

   Thanks a lot.

   使用 [2]MSN Messenger 与联机的朋友进行交流