Date:      Sat, 07 Dec 2002 00:09:04 +0100
From:      Marc Recht <marc@informatik.uni-bremen.de>
To:        Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
Cc:        James Satterfield <james@uberduper.com>, freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: mozilla-devel port on current

> -march=pentiumpro is not the default, -mcpu=pentiumpro is.  Anyway, I
Nope, -march=pentiumpro is added, if the CPUTYPE is i686 (the default).
At least if I had read examples/etc/make.conf and bsd.cpu.mk correctly.

> doubt this is the cause of the problem.  It's more likely to be a
> stale dependency.
Hmm, IMO it's the optimizer:
jsdtoa.c:1874: this is the insn:
(insn 1797 1796 1798 (set (reg:CCNO 17 flags)
[...]

Marc

"Premature optimization is the root of all evil." -- Donald E. Knuth