Date:      Wed, 21 Aug 2002 16:47:09 +0200
From:      "Patrick O'Reilly" <bsd@perimeter.co.za>
To:        "Cambria, Mike" <mcambria@avaya.com>, questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Cyclades PC300 Card and 4.6

From: "Cambria, Mike" <mcambria@avaya.com>

> After you did cvsup, did you "reinstall" the cpc driver?
>
> This happens to me with lmc (the wan card I use with sppp) all the
time.
> lmc is not in the kernel yet (it is rumored to be in current), so each
time
> I cvsup I need to re-install the kernel (and re-patch for altq.)

Mike,
thanks for your response.

I'm not sure - exactly :(

When I first got the error I tried re-running the install script which
is supplied with the source.  It runs and "upgrades" the driver from
version x.y.z to x.y.z - which is amusing.  But, there are no
instruction specifically WRT REinstalling.

Anyway, as far as I can tell, the devices are installed simply by
placing the source into the /usr/src/sys/ tree, and referencing them
with "device cpc" in the kernel config.  And that appears to be fine
after the upgrade.  Though, obviously it is not! :)

What am I missing?  It's probably something very simple.

Regards,
Patrick O'Reilly.
    http://www.perimeter.co.za