Date:      Thu, 07 May 1998 06:31:08 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Joe \"Marcus\" Clarke" <marcus@miami.edu>
To:        George Vagner <vagner@spdc.ti.com>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: sendmail

The sendmail that is installed by default, and that is used by default
is /usr/sbin/sendmail.  You can confirm this by telneting to port 25 of
your machine, and checking the sendmail version.  FreeBSD 2.2.6 ships
with sendmail 8.8.8 and 2.2.5 shipped with 8.8.7.  If you see some other
kind of mail handler, then you're probably using the
/usr/local/sbin/smail program.

Joe Clarke