Date:      Fri, 4 Apr 1997 07:08:56 -0500 (EST)
From:      James FitzGibbon <james@nexis.net>
To:        Gary Palmer <gpalmer@freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org, freebsd-security@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Another INND security hole.

On Thu, 3 Apr 1997, Gary Palmer wrote:

> Hope I'm not out of line forwarding this before the CERT
> advisory... It's probably all over bugtraq already tho.

Two issues about this patch and it necessity on FreeBSD.  Not
understanding INN myself, I noted that the you're not exposed unless you
run 'ucbmail'.  Does that include FreeBSD ?  There's no such binary on the
system.  Is ucbmail the SVR4 version of our /usr/bin/mail, and if so, is
our one prone to the same faults ?

The other issue is that when you visit www.isc.org and try to get the
patch, it doesn't exist.

--