Date:      Thu, 12 Dec 2002 12:45:27 -0800 (PST)
From:      Brian <bri@sonicboom.org>
To:        Daniel HARTMANN <danielhartmann@wanadoo.fr>
Cc:        Questions FREEBSD <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: VNC

getting vnc to start at boot is tricky, since you want it to start as some
user, rather than as root.  A solution I've been thinking of is looking at
the output os ps auxw, grepping for Xvnc owned by the desired user, if its
there exit, if not run vncserver as the user in question.  Putting it in
cron with a /8 to check every 8 minutes seems a good idea.

=09Bri